Thursday, May 04, 2006

At Tower Records, Shinjuku

For the first time in about 14 or 15 months, I went to Tower Records. The last time I was there to meet with my friend Michael Richardson. I meant to browse only, but ended up by buying many CDs and such. Nothing is more eloquent than the list of what I have bought--a consumerist state of mind. A pure gaspillage:

1~4. Four albums by Bob Dylan (Bringing it All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, Self Portrait, Planet Waves). All in a mood of mourning to a deceased friend.

5. A Paz, by Noriko Ito.

6. Nos Somos o Sucesso, by Trio Esperança.

7. Bossa'n Marley, Bob Marley songs performed in the style of bossa nova.

8. Nos bastidores da bossa nova, a book by Hidenori Sakao.

9. A little booklet called Bossa Nova, which tells about the history of bossa.

What am I doing here?