Monday, November 01, 2004

Columbus's Dog (1)

It's April 1, All Fool's Day today but what I am going to tell you is no lie: I'm leaving tomorrow. Off to Brazil. Good bye. First I'll fly to Honolulu, then to Los Angeles, on to Miami. There I'll receive a one-way airticket to Sao Paulo. What shall happen after that, I have no idea. I wanted to see you even briefly before hitting the road, but it's too late. Hope to see you again someday somewhere. Keep going strong until then. Good bye. In Tokyo it's so cold today and my head is aching like a glass bell. It's a counter attack from the cold and winter coming together. But tomorrow I'll be in Honolulu, my lovely, my town of heart. I'm so glad and thrilled I get chiles in my spine. Good bye. From there on, it will probably be like an endless summer. I saw a film today; it's called Nostalgia. The story is set in Italy and how wonderful a film it was. A Russian poet, an interpretess, Russian and Italian sounding together. The overflowing water, a maniac use of dogs. The dog is an important company for remembrance. I like all the films with dogs in it. For the moment, to me, that is the only criteria of a good movie. I also saw a preview of Godard's Prenom Carmen. Only by seeing this preview you can tell that it's as exciting as any film. But it's too late now, I can't see it. I don't know when, and where, will I come across the film on the show. Will somebody guarantee that they show Godard in Brazil, too? Good bye. If you get a chance, please do watch it. And when you watch it, give out some extra clapping and shouts for my sake.