Friday, July 31, 2009

Calling an old friend

A has decided to go to B.
B is a familiar name to me, as my old friend C lives there.
I've never been to B.
I've decided to call C.
Hi, C. It's been so long. How you doing?
I'm fine, says C. It's been 30 years, you know. Why didn't you call me?
Sorry, I've been busy living. You know, there's this guy A. He's a good friend of mine now.
Yeah?
Yeah. He's going to B. I mean, he's actually there.
Yeah?
Yeah. You don't mind meeting with him and initiate him to the life there?
Not at all, my pleasure. I'll meet him first thing in the morning.
Thanks, C. I really miss you. We should get together one more time.
Sure. Anytime you feel like coming here, as I can't be there myself.
Right. Well, I hope you and A get along well.
Don't worry, we'll be the best of buddies. A's your friend. He'll be mine, too.
Hasta pronto, amigo.
Hasta la vista, pal.
I thanked C and hang up. A, in the meantime, is already there.
I felt consoled and I was rather happy, to tell you the truth.
The only thing that is not quite right is that B is the realm of DEATH.