Wednesday, July 06, 2005

What I Remember

Then we wrote, again in 15 minutes' time, about an experience with a defined setting. No stopping, no revising, again. But this time we didn't write it in a linear fashion, rather scattering each word all over the page, discontinuously.

When we finished, we looked at lines. The lines don't form a story, yet something comes through. It's a personal cut-up, sort of. My example goes like this:

Her her that frail frightened
When was now by always
Introvert sad all so girl
Had instantly I stunned eyes
Turned could did couldn't maybe remember
Without back seen can
Her meaningless was then
Girl that she so walking silhouetted
Like a me can play with there scare about
Was barking myself still said so
The trying alone
Strange her all
Dog hurrying sun utter that why
Face from passed
Back word menace in shadow babyhood
Speaks and running when crying
Was past older I give together
Angry words that school
Looked saw and legs disease
Home to same give stopped years
Give against feel hurrying
Girl than them setting I remember
With repeated sun those from
Voice of very some because I ran was
Blankly audibly away UGHHHHHHHH
Girl's her expression