Tuesday, November 21, 2006

At ABC

On Friday the 17th I had an in-store talk with Yoko Tawada on her new book AMERICA at the Aoyama Book Center. There were about fifty people in the audience and it was fun. We talked in front of nice shelves of foreign books. Yoko read three portions from her book and I read two pieces of my border poems (the same ones as I used for the soiree with Aimee Bender).

Reading a text is always easier for me than talking, which honestly is not for me. I am not a good talker, I have never been since my childhood; I tend to digress into a no-human territory. But this is something I have to overcome, I guess. Being a teacher. Being a performer, that is. But then, to sing is easier than to talk.

On Sunday finished proof-reading my new book "honolulu, braS/Zil." Yes, this is the title. A book filled with surprises. Hope you'll like it.