Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P. Michael

Films this year:

41. Harmony Korine, Mister Lonely (2007)

Strange, but only a day after I watched this film around the life of a Michael Jackson impersonator, Michael Jackson's death was reported, to the world's surprise...

The film is good, with not few memorable scenes. Yet it looks very mature compared with breath-taking Julien Donkey-Boy, and the surprise seems calculated and not so strange as his former, and younger, films. I can't wait to watch Korine's new film if it happens.

Re: Michael. He, Keith Harring, and myself are of the same age. Now that two of them are gone, I feel that my days on this planet, too, is counted. I have never been a big fan of him, but his images and voice ever since the Jackson Five days have always been with me, like air, like water, like... music. He had always been a great singer and very sharp dancer.

R.I.P. Will follow you, eventually!