Sunday, January 27, 2008

At an exhibition

On Sunday-today (my way of putting it) I went to Setagaya Art Museum to see "Palau: Two lives." It's about the writer Nakajima Atsushi and the artist Hijikata Hisakatsu. A great exhibition. In my book list I am not including magazines or what they call "mook" in Japan. But hereafter, I am including exhibition catalogues. There is no reason not to. So.

78. 『パラオーーふたつの人生 鬼才・中島敦と日本のゴーギャン・土方久功』(世田谷美術館)
79. 中島敦『弟子 自筆原稿覆刻』(県立神奈川近代文学館)
80. 『Muttoniムットーニのからくり書物』(世田谷文学館)

All of them are so NICE. I bought 79 with the hope of learning Nakajima's beautiful handwriting. Can't quite believe he died at the age of thirty. Maturity shows in one's handwriting.

80, too, was a nice surprise. This guy makes multimedia kamishibai (picture stories) in his own peculiar imagination. Lovely.

I took a nice 25-minute walk from Chitose-Funabashi and on my way ran into my friend Kamioka Nobuo. I've been running into everybody everywhere these days. Very strange. But it makes life all the more enjoyable!