Wednesday, January 30, 2008

January Ending

Boy o boy o boy. January has run its course! Not much accomplished. Some more work to be done.

94. D.H. Lawrence, Complete Poems (Penguin)
95. H.D., Hermetic Definition (New Directions)
96. Paul Alfred Barton, Rap, Rhyme and Rhythm (1st Books)
97. Frank Hoffmann, Rythm & Blues, Rap, and Hip-hop (Checkmark Books)
98. Onwuchekwa Jemie, ed., Yo'Mama! (Temple UP)
99. Marilynne Robinson, Housekeeping (Picador)
100. Nelson George, Hiphop America (Penguin)
101. 桜庭一樹『砂糖菓子の弾丸は撃ちぬけない』(富士見書房)

Of them 99 is my third copy, with my first two missing. 94, come to think of it, is my second copy and I gave away the first about 25 years ago. 101, my son has it with the tres charmante author's personalized autograph. This will be my actual reading copy!

Kanda is the district where you can't avoid dropping in at bookstores, and then you easily end up by buying some while giving up your coffee and dinner, often. It happens again and again. It's a pattern I can't kick.

102. Zadie Smith ed., The Book of Other People (Penguin)
103. エアハルト・ベーレンツ『5分で楽しむ数学50話』(岩波書店)
104. ガブリエル・ウォーカー『大気の波』(早川書房)

That's it for Janus's month.