Friday, January 25, 2008

French Audio Books and Such

Going through the Tokyo station area on my way to Ginza I dropped in at Maruzen and ran into some intrigueing audio books in French; I got them sold immediately, bought by me. So.

67. Marc Lachièze-Rey, Cosmologie (De Vive Voix)
68. Claude Jaupart, Volcans (De Vive Voix)
69. Jean-Louis Biget, La grande peste noire (De Vive Voix)
70. Jean Giono, L'homme qui plantait des arbres (Folio Cadet)

70 I am considering using as a text for the second-year French this year.

Happy listening, surtout.

And then at night a local bookshop:

71. ウラジーミル・ナボコフ『ロリータ』(若島正訳、新潮文庫)
72. 水木しげる『ほんまにオレはアホやろか』(新潮文庫)
73. 伊藤章治『ジャガイモの世界史』(中公新書)

71, a masterful translation by Wakashima, is the one I already have and this is a second copy. The first I left at my office, I guess, and I had to take a look at it. 72 has a great title that sounds like me. 73 is an interesting subject to be pursued anytime.