Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Books arriving

My pre-Christmas frenzy is now resurfacing as a seris of packets arriving in my office frm overseas; books only. I bought a couple of boxes too many, it seems. Still I need them incorporated in my list for the sake of honesty.

I am already puzzled why in the world I bought this and that, knowing very well I would never have time to read them all. This will be a historical testimony of my temporary insanity.

10. Zoë Wicomb, Playing in the Light (The New Press)
11. Zoë Wicomb, You can't get lost in Cape Town (The Feminist Press)
12. Zoë Wicomb, David's Story (The Feminist Press)
13. Salman Rushdie, Shalimar the Clown (Random House)
14. Salman Rushdie, The Moor's Last Sigh (Vintage)
15. Michael Reder, ed.,Coversations with Salman Rushdie (U of Mississippi Press)
16. August Wilson, Two Trains Running (TCG)
17. August Wilson, Seven Guitars (TCG)
18. Edouard Glissant, Monsieur Toussaint (Rienner)
19. Victor Duran ed., An Anthology of Belizean Literature (UPA)
20. Dino Buzzati, The Tartar Steppe (Canongate)
21. Dino Buzzati, The Bear's Famous Invasion of Sicily (HarperTrophy)
22. Jacques Derrida, On Cosmopolitanism and Forgiveness (Routledge)
23. Alisdair Gray, Lanark (Canongate)
24. Augenbraum and Stavans, eds., Lengua Fresca (Mariner Books)
25. Ari Marcopoulos, Even the President of the United States Sometimes Has Got to Stand Naked (JRP Ringier)
26. Houston Baker, Jr., Rap and the Academy (U of Chicago Press)
27. Houston Baker, Jr., Singers of Daybreak Howard UP)
28. ゲーリー・スナイダー『惑星の未来を想像する者たちへ』(山と渓谷社)

A second copy occacionally happens, and I do sometimes buy translations of a work, but there will be no special mention of these instances.

Happy reding.