Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Video-taped

An old student of mine from the year 2000 visited me in my office today. Koba belongs to the first bunch I taught at Meiji... the class had a nice gang of assorted brats. One of them, Akira the photographer, is now getting married. Koba decided to videotape my message for him. I sang Clapton's Wonderful Tonight with my unplugged electiric guitar (an Indonesia-made Jet King) then said the following:

Hola, Akira,
Escuchame bien,
El amor es lo mas importante en la vida,
Les deseo una vida llena de alegría, gozo, y viajes
¡Felicitaciones de todo mi corazón!

Among them, Kamiya is still training to be a pilot, Kosaku is soon graduating the U of Toronto, Miss Yukimura is now stamping passports at the Osaka International Airport, Miss Maeda is a mother of a baby (I used to call girl stidents with "miss"; is this a form of sexism).

How nice occasionally to see them and learn how they are faring in life. The only joy of being a teacher, talvez.